Speaker (Live & Virtual), Trainer, Coach, Writer, Endurance Athlete
Carl R. Ficks, Jr. helps busy professionals, and their teams, thrive with fitness. He’s a marathoner, endurance cyclist, and former 30+ year trial lawyer who brings hard-won wisdom, real-world experience, and actionable strategies to his work. The founder of No Surrender, LLC, Carl teaches that fitness and wellbeing are the cornerstones of success. He’s a frequent guest on leadership, business, and legal podcasts, and a sought-after trainer for companies and professional associations. His “Friday Ficks” newspaper column provides strategies, tools, and inspiration to stay resourceful and resilient, regardless of the circumstances. When not cycling thousands of miles or chasing the next audacious fitness goal, Carl enjoys traveling far and wide with his wife and two daughters.
● How to thrive in the “new normal”
● Easy ways to implement wellness strategies into your daily and weekly routine
● Actionable blueprints to consistently manage stress through fitness
● Strategies to stay resourceful and resilient regardless of the circumstances
● Setting, planning, and executing fitness and wellness goals
SAMPLE PODCAST QUESTIONS:
1. What wellness practices mattered to you during your career as a lawyer?
2. How did you find time to exercise while balancing a busy law practice with family and community responsibilities?
3. Is prioritizing your wellness selfish?
4. What prompted you to formally leave the law in 2021 and start No Surrender?
5. What wellness opportunities do you see for the folks you are looking to support through No Surrender?
6. What wellness opportunities, if any, were revealed during the pandemic?
7. What if someone has never exercised before – can you help that person?
8. Where’s the value in hiring a coach?
9. Is there a happy medium between running marathons/cycling 100 miles and doing nothing?
10. Are there accountability hacks that you can share with the audience?
NOTEWORTHY PODCAST EPISODES:
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING:
“Carl’s presentation resonated with my team of 1,400+ trial lawyers and legal professionals. His real-world experience and anecdotes lent immediate authenticity, relatability and credibility to the tips and take-aways that he provided, ones that we can actually apply to help us handle the rigors of the profession more resourcefully and resiliently.”
Alexia Cruz | SVP| Claim General Counsel Travelers
“Carl brings the hard-won wisdom.”
Mark J. Silverman | Executive Coach, Best-selling Author and Host of the “Mastering Midlife” podcast
“Your talk was very inspiring. Thank you for the time you took to encourage us realtors to get in shape…it’s truly important in this industry.”
Christy Muller, Licensed Realtor | William Pitt – Sotheby’sInternational Realty
“Sincere thanks for your time, efforts and insight in…the ‘Wellness for Lawyers’ program. Your presentation received glowing remarks from attendees.”
New Haven County Bar Association Committee Co-Chairs